This one-pot meal is an incredible way to serve up a meal that will warm you up this winter.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 bunches fresh baby carrots, washed, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 250 g packet pearl couscous
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- Toss chicken with seasoning in a large bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 4 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add onion and carrots to the same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Stir in stock, vinegar and honey. Bring to boil. Stir in couscous. Arrange chicken over top. Cover with lid. Gently boil for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until couscous is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add spinach. Cover pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until spinach is just wilted. Stir into chicken mixture. Remove from heat. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.9 g|
|- Sugars||13.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|