Make it double! These magnificent muffins are so easy to make, with no kitchen mixer required. The ganache is truly the icing on the cake!
- 100 g dark cooking chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ⅓ cups self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- 100 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup pure cream
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add buttermilk, eggs and combined sifted flour and cocoa. Stir until combined. Fold in the Dark Choc Bits. Divide evenly among paper cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make ganache, combine chocolate and cream in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove bowl. Refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spoon ganache over the top of the muffins.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||28.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||65.9 g|
|- Sugars||40.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|