Thai-riffic! Packed full of flavour, this dish tastes better than takeaway any day!
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved crossways
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Thai yellow curry sauce
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 500 g chat potatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh Thai basil, plus extra to garnish
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Coat chicken in lemongrass paste in a large bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove.
- Add onion and remaining oil to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to pan with milk, stock and potatoes. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Uncover. Cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in basil. Remove from heat.
- Serve curry with rice and lime wedges. Garnish with extra basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|