These bite-sized puffs are perfect as an entree! Try as a savoury snack…
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- 350 g beef mince
- 1 medium carrot, peeled coarsely shredded
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ⅓ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 green spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp hoisin stir-fry sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut 16cm x 12cm rounds from pastry sheets. Discard scraps.
- One at a time, place 2 tblsps of filling into the centre of each round, leaving a 2cm border. Brush edges with egg. Bring sides of pastry together to meet at the top. Pinch to seal.
- Place puffs on two large oven trays lined with baking paper. Brush with egg.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), swapping trays halfway, for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot puffs with sweet chilli sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||36.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||156.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.9 g|