Cooking with kids is fun with this funfetti cake – it's pretty in pink an covered in 100s and 1000s of rainbow sprinkles.
- 510 g vanilla cake mix
- ⅓ cup hundreds and thousands, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp strawberry essence
- pink food colouring, to tint
- halved fresh strawberries, to decorate
- Grease a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above the pan edge.
- Prepare cake mix according to the packet directions. Stir in the hundreds and thousands. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Reserve frosting sachet.
- Cook cake in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using reserved frosting sachet, prepare according to packet directions. Add essence. Beat until combined. Tint pink with the food colouring.
- Spread frosting over the top and side of cake. Press extra hundreds and thousands around the side, then sprinkle over the top. Decorate with strawberries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||48.9 g|
|- Sugars||27.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|