Whether you're cooking for kids or for yourself, this is the ultimate decadent brunch or afternoon tea.
- 430 g packet banana bread cake mix
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup milk
- 25 g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- fresh blueberries, to serve
- 75 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place cake mix in a large bowl, reserving icing sachet. Stir in the coconut and baking powder. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk eggs, milk and butter in a jug until combined. Add to cake mix. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Grease with melted butter. Spoon 1 tblsp of batter into the pan. Repeat to make four pikelets.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear on surface. Turn over. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until browned underneath. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with butter and remaining batter to make 24 pikelets in total.
- To make cinnamon butter, beat the butter and cinnamon in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add the reserved icing mix, beating until well combined.
- Serve warm pikelets with cinnamon butter and blueberries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.2 g|
|- Sugars||20.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|