This packet cake mix creation is perfect for cooking with kids – chocolate cookies get a makeover with red velvet.
- 365 g packet red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk chocolate melts, melted
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine the cake mix and White Choc Bits in a large bowl. Add oil and egg. Stir to combine. Reserve frosting sachet for another use.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture, about 6cm apart, onto prepared trays.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), swapping trays halfway, for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon melted milk chocolate into a medium snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip. Drizzle over cookies. Stand at room temperature until set.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||66.1 g|
|- Sugars||49.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|