This quick-fix weeknght meal is on the table in less than half an hour – a budget-friendly delicious dinner
- 8 frozen bubble and squeak vegetable patties
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g lamb mince
- 500 g jar fresh tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Place patties in a single layer on a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for 10 minutes. Remove. Break each patty in half.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add lamb. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Stir in combined sauces and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Transfer to a large ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity).
- Arrange patties, slightly overlapping over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.3 g|
|- Sugars||2.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|