Take Indian-style butter chicken to the next level with mango nectar – a fabulously fruity way to make your weeknight dinners more interesting!
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- ¼ cup butter chicken sauce
- ¾ cup tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup light cooking cream
- ¾ cup mango nectar
- 1 cup chopped frozen mango
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Cut chicken in half crossways. Place in a bowl with paste and ¼ cup of the puree. Mix well to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches, adding remaining oil with second batch. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove.
- Add cream, mango nectar fruit drink, mango and remaining puree to pan. Stir to combine. Return chicken. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in coriander.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.5 g|
|- Sugars||15.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|