This meat-free pizza is perfect for kicking back on a Friday night.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into ½ cm pieces
- 2 x 25cm pizza bases
- ⅓ cup garlic, onion and herbs pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomato pesto
- 225 g block halloumi, cut into ½ cm slices
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup grated pizza cheese blend
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- baby rocket to serve
- toasted pine nuts to serve
- balsamic glaze to serve
- Brush oil over both sides of eggplant slices.
- Heat an oiled, large, barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add eggplant in two batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until tender. Remove.
- Place each pizza base on a large oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for 3 minutes. Remove.
- Spread combined sauce and pesto evenly over bases. Top with eggplant, haloumi and tomatoes. Sprinkle with combined pizza cheese and parmesan. Return to oven.
- Cook, swapping trays halfway, for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove. 7 To serve, top with combined rocket and pine nuts. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.7 g|
|- Sugars||12.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.5 g|