Take the Anzac flavour to a completely new level with the addition of raspberry and coconut – it's a real treat!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Stir in the oats and sugar.
- Melt butter and syrup in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Remove from heat. Dissolve soda in water in a small heat-proof jug. Immediately stir into butter mixture.
- Pour butter mixture over oat mixture. Mix well. Press two-thirds over base of prepared pan. Smooth top. Spread with jam. Sprinkle with the frozen raspberries.
- Stir coconut into remaining oat mixture. Crumble over top of raspberries.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Transfer slice in pan to a wire rack. Stand for 1 hour. Lift slice out of pan and return to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve slice cut into squares
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.2 g|
|- Sugars||13.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|