Be inspired – this beautiful tart is the perfect finish to any meal.
- 250 g granita biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 500 g rhubarb stalks, trimmed
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 180 g block white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups thickened cream
- Grease a 24cm round loose-base flan tin. Place on a tray.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up side of prepared tin. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, place chocolate and 1/3 cup of the cream in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove bowl. Refrigerate until cold and thickened.
- Beat remaining cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold half the cream into chocolate mixture until combined. Fold in remaining cream.
- Spoon into biscuit case. Spread evenly. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Rinse rhubarb under cold water. Cut into 2cm lengths. Place in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Add sugar, water and vanilla. Toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Do not stir. Remove from oven. Cool rhubarb in pan.
- Arrange half the rhubarb over filling. Drizzle with syrup from pan. Serve with remaining rhubarb.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||26.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.3 g|
|- Sugars||29.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|