This family favourite with an Indian-style twist is something you won't be able to resist – so flavour packed!
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thick strips
- 1 small broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Tbsp rogan josh curry paste
- 1 tsp table salt
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- To make yellow rice, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and turmeric. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in rice, water and stock cubes. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add the chicken, in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, capsicum and broccoli to same, hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in paste and salt. Return chicken to wok with snow peas and tomatoes. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Serve stir-fry with yellow rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||84.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.4 g|