Bridal shower afternoon tea – create a day to remember with delicious treats that will wow your guests.
- melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- self-raising flour, for dusting
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled, finely chopped
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup lemonade
- 2 tsp strawberry and cream icing flavour
- pink food colouring, to tint
- 300 ml carton pure cream
- Grease base and sides of a 22cm square x 8cm deep cake pan with butter. Dust with flour, shaking out excess.
- To make scone dough, sift flour into a large bowl. Combine the lemonade and flavouring in a jug. Tint with colouring. Add to flour with the cream. Using a flat-bladed knife in a cutting motion, stir until the mixture almost comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench. Gently knead to form a soft dough. Do not over-knead. Pat dough into a 3cm thick round. Using a 5½cm round cutter dipped in flour, cut out rounds. Re-shape dough and continue cutting out rounds until all dough is used.
- Place scones, side-by-side, in the prepared pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cover with a clean tea towel until warm.
- Beat the thickened cream and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Split warm scones in half. Top with cream and strawberries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||26.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||67.1 g|
|- Sugars||18.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|