Have a shot of espresso in your jelly shot – it's sure to inject some excitement into your dinner party dessert
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ cup instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 ½ cups boiling water
- ⅓ cup chocolate-coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 2 Tbsp vodka
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- cocoa powder, to decorate
- Place 12 serving glasses on a tray (½-cup capacity).
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small, heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove jug from pan.
- Meanwhile, dissolve coffee and sugar in boiling water in a large, heatproof jug. Stir in hot gelatine mixture. Cool slightly.
- Stir liqueur and vodka into coffee mixture (makes 3½ cups). Pour evenly into glasses. Refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star nozzle.
- To serve, pipe cream onto jellies. Dust with sifted cocoa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|