This quick-fix weeknight meal is ready in less than half an hour – fritters are a winner with everyone!
- 250 g tub cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- balsamic glaze, to serve
- Place cottage cheese, parmesan, eggs, flour and milk in a large bowl. Stir in 60g of the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add 1/3 cup mixture. Spread evenly to about 10cm in diameter. Repeat to make another three fritters.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining mixture to make eight fritters in total.
- Combine tomatoes, avocado and remaining spinach in a medium bowl. Drizzle with glaze.
- Serve fritters with salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|