There's no better way to slow down and relax with your favourite people than over a lazy lunch, or dinner if you choose!
- 2 cups self-raising flour, plus extra to dust
- 60 g butter, chopped, room temperature
- 50 g Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra 25g finely grated, to scatter
- 50 g cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- pinch caster sugar
- 80 ml milk, plus extra 2 tbsp, to brush
- 125 ml pure cream
- freshly ground black pepper to season
- softened butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fanforced (220°C conventional). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add butter. Use fingertips to rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in cheeses and sugar. Make a well in the centre, add milk and cream. Use a butter knife to mix together, using a cutting action until a lumpy dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and briefly knead until a ball forms. Use your hands to flatten out into a rough rectangle, 2.5cm thick.
- Use a knife dipped in extra flour to cut dough into 6 rectangles.
- Transfer rectangles to oven tray, 2cm apart. Brush tops with a little extra milk, scatter with extra parmesan and season with pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm, split open, smothered in butter.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.5 g|
|- Sugars||1.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|