Don't be shy – drizzle this dreamy sauce with gusto! It makes one cup of deliciousness.
- 55 g green peppercorns in brine, drained, rinsed
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 25 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 red onion, very finely diced
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml thickened cream
- sea salt flakes and black pepper to season
- Put peppercorns and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Put butter in a large non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add peppercorn and vinegar mixture. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add stock and bring to the boil. Cook until reduced by half. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until thick and lightly browned. Season and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|