Fuel your kids the right way, with a healthy and sensible snack. Great for the lunch box or for on the go!
- 200 g dried apple
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125 ml boiling water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 125 g desiccated coconut
Raisin and cinnamon balls
- ¼ cup raisins, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Apricot and sunflower seed balls
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds, chopped
- Put dried apple in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Mix in bicarb, then add water. Stir, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Return to food processor, then add honey, butter and 100g of the coconut. Puree until a paste forms. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To make Raisin and cinnamon balls, add their extra 2 ingredients and stir until combined, or to make Apricot and sunflower seed balls, add their extra 2 ingredients and stir until combined. To make the balls, form 2 teaspoons of mixture in a ball, then roll in remaining coconut. Repeat with remaining mixture and coconut to make 24 balls.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.3 g|
|- Sugars||9.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|