Silky, rich and indulgent. Oh my, this is quite the dessert! And remarkably easy now that we are going to help you master it…
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 free-range eggs
- 6 free-range egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 drinking coconut
- 125 g punnet raspberries, halved
- 1 cup diced papaya
- 2 plums, cut into thin wedges
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- baby mint leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 150°C fanforced (170°C conventional). Combine coconut cream, thickened cream, vanilla and lime leaves in a medium saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, cook for 5 minutes. Remove lime leaves.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yolks and ¼ cup of the caster sugar until light, strain into cream mixture, whisk until combined, then pour into four 165ml ramekins. Place in a deep oven tray, then add hot water to halfway up the sides. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until custards are just set but have a small wobble in the centre. Remove from tray to cool, then chill until firm.
- Open coconut, drain liquid and reserve for another use. Halve coconut, scoop out the meat, then finely dice. Transfer to a bowl, add raspberries, papaya, plums and icing sugar, and toss.
- Scatter custards with remaining sugar, then caramelise tops with a kitchen blowtorch. Serve with the fruit salad, garnished with mint leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||53.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||48.6 g|
|- Sugars||45.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|