A new take on the pub-food classic!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500 g lean chicken breast mince
- 2 Tbsp salt-reduced taco seasoning mix
- 375 ml passata sauce
- 250 ml water
- 400 g canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 160 g fresh corn kernels
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 40 g corn tortilla chips
- 60 g reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp extra-light sour cream, whisked until smooth
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until onion softens. Increase heat to high. Add mince and spice mix. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mince just changes colour.
- Add passata, water, beans, corn, carrot and zucchini to pan. Cover and bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 5 minutes or until mix thickens.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Spoon mince mix into ovenproof dish. Push chips into mix. Sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- To serve, top the nachos with sour cream and coriander leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.8 g|
|- Sugars||15.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.9 g|