A power salad – you can make friends with this healthy, delicious and filling lunch or dinner.
- 250 g rainbow slaw mix
- 200 g coarsely chopped, cooked skinless chicken breast fillets
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 80 ml buttermilk
- 80 ml free-range light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- Put the coleslaw, chicken, cranberries, celery and onion in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk the buttermilk, mayonnaise, honey, cider vinegar, mustard and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours to chill.
- To serve, toss the baby spinach into the salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.3 g|
|- Sugars||22.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|