Add a zesty punch of lemon to a warm winter salad.
- 350 g spud lite potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 slices Weight Watchers 98% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 200 g small Brussels sprouts, trimmed, quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 60 ml cup water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 420 g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups torn butter lettuce
- 60 g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the bacon is crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients in a small screw-top jar. Shake well. Set aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts, onion and water to the frying pan. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sprouts are just tender. Remove pan from heat and stir in tomatoes, potatoes and chickpeas.
- Place lettuce on serving plates. Top with potato mixture. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with feta and reserved bacon. Serve
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|