This unique comfort-food dish will keep you warm all winter.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 350 g orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 220 g lean turkey mince
- 4 x 60 g free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs, crushed
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 60 g shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, to serve
- Light firewood or charcoal and let fire burn down to medium-hot embers or coals. Top with a grill rack.
- Heat a large cast-iron frying pan over fire for 5 minutes or until very hot. Add oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add onion and turkey mince. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add eggs, herbs, the garlic powder and pepper to the pan. Cook, without stirring, until the mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edges. Using a spatula, lift and fold partially cooked egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook for 2 minutes more or until mixture is cooked through. Gradually add spinach, tossing just until wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with bread.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVE 1810kJ, protein 28g, total fat 23.4g (sat. fat 5.9g), carbs 24g, fibre 7g, sodium 419mg • Carb exchanges 1½ • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option • Lower carb
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|