Pan-roast vegies for a campfire extravaganza – it's easy and made as spicy as you like with sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 500 g small button mushrooms, halved
- 4 capsicums, sliced lengthways
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes
- Light firewood or charcoal and let fire burn down to medium-hot embers or coals. Top with a grill rack.
- Combine the sugar, water, soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron frying pan over fire for 5 minutes or until very hot. Add oil. Add mushrooms and capsicums. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables start to char. Add sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add tomatoes to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until skins start to blister. Serve immediately, or at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVE 370kJ, protein 4g, total fat 3g (sat. fat 0.3g), carbs 8g, fibre 4g, sodium 217mg • Carb exchanges ½ • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option • Lower carb
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|