Tex-Mex cuisine simply cries out for some hot embers flavour.
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 450 g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat, cut into thin strips
- 1 green capsicum, cut into short thin strips
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 8 gluten-free tortilla wraps
- ½ cup thick and chunky salsa
- coriander leaves, to serve
- 70 g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges, to serve
- Light the firewood or charcoal and let fire burn down to medium-hot embers or coals. Top with a grill rack.
- Combine Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and pepper in a plastic bag. Add the chicken strips and shake well to coat.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large cast-iron frying pan over the camp fire. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the chicken is just cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Return the chicken to the pan and heat through.
- Meanwhile, wrap barley wraps in foil and heat over the camp fire for 8 minutes or until warmed through, turning the packet once.
- Serve the chicken in wraps topped with salsa, coriander, yoghurt and lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.0 g|
|- Sugars||7.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|