It's easy to get into a chicken breast rut. So hit the grill and fire up your palate with these tasty flavour profiles.
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon or apple cider
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch ground chilli
- 2 x 250 g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, steamed, to serve
Sweet potato parcels
- 500 g orange sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, sliced
- 5 slices Weight Watchers 98% fat-free bacon, finely chopped, cooked
- 3 Tbsp light margarine
- 60 g grated reduced-fat cheese
- Put the bourbon, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, mustard and ground chillies in a small screw-top jar. Cover and shake to combine. Put chicken in a large resealable plastic bag in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal and turn to coat. Put in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight, to marinate, turning once during that time.
- To make sweet potato parcels, preheat barbecue grill on medium. Put sweet potato in the middle of a double layer of 45cm piece of foil. Top sweet potato with onion and bacon. Top with margarine. Bring up sides of the foil and fold over to enclose potatoes. Put potato parcels on the grill, cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove packet from grill and carefully open foil. Sprinkle over the cheese. Fold foil over to enclose. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from the marinade and discard marinade. Add chicken to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- To serve, cut each breast in half crossways and serve with the cheesy sweet potato and broccolini.
PER SERVE 1800kJ,
protein 44g, total fat
11.4g (sat. fat 4.2g),
carbs 27g, fibre 8g,
sodium 762mg • Carb
exchanges 2 • GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.1 g|
|- Sugars||16.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|