Enjoy this easy-to-prepare meal that really satisfies – it's perfect for Sunday night supper.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups medium-grain rice
- 40 g sachet dried French onion soup mix
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Heat an oiled, medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Transfer onion mixture to an oiled, large ovenproof dish (12-cup). Add the rice, soup mix, zucchini, milk, water and half the cheese. Stir to combine. Cover tightly with oiled foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and discard the foil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven.
- Cook, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and top is golden brown.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.6 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|