Give winter soup a makeover with pumpkin and chicken in this delicious, warming way to serve up a family-friendly dinner.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved,thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 270 ml can coconut cream
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2 cm slices
- 500 g chicken tenderloins, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add onion, pastes and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Stir in stock and coconut cream. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pumpkin. Return to the boil. Cover with lid and gently boil, for about 8 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add chicken. Cook, uncovered, for a further 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Just before serving, stir in coriander.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||21.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.2 g|
|- Sugars||7.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|