Make this cafe favourite at home in around 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers thinly sliced (250 g)
- 1 small french breadstick thinly sliced
- 500 g uncrumbed chicken schnitzels
- 2 small cos lettuce washed, leaves separated
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 50 g shaved Parmesan to garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise (240 g)
- 4 anchovies
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (25 g)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Reserve oil in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add bread to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Remove. Wipe pan clean.
- Toss chicken in remaining oil. Heat same frying pan. Cook chicken, in three batches, for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Thickly slice. Cover to keep warm.
- To serve, cut lettuce into large pieces. Place in a large bowl with bacon, croutons, eggs and dressing. Toss to coat. Top with chicken. Garnish with shaved parmesan.
You can replace the chicken schnitzel with chicken breast minute steaks. Make sure you don't over-cook them or they will toughen.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|