Summer entertaining is easy with dishes like this mouth-watering salad.
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh thai basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 8 slices rare roast beef cut into thick strips
- 2 tbsp fried shallots to garnish
Chilli lime dressing
- ¼ cup gluten-free fish sauce (60 mls)
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 pieces palm sugar finely grated (50g)
- 1 small fresh red chilli seeds removed, finely chopped
- Place noodles in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Stand for 20 to 25 minutes, or until translucent and tender. Drain. Using kitchen scissors, cut into short lengths.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug until sugar has dissolved.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthways. Using a teaspoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Thinly slice cucumber diagonally. Place in a large bowl with noodles, salad leaves, tomatoes, onion, herbs, beef and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve salad garnished with fried shallots.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.4 g|
|- Sugars||6.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|