This creamy, slow-cooker chicken casserole is perfect for cold winter's nights.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets trimmed
- 420 g can cream of chicken condensed soup
- ¾ cup white wine (180 mls)
- 1 cup water (250 mls)
- 2 cobs corn cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 zucchini cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tblsps plain flour
- Cook onion and celery in an oiled non-stick frying pan for 3 minutes, or until soft. Transfer to a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker.
- Cook chicken in same frying pan for about 4 minutes on each side until golden. Stir in soup, wine and ¾ cup of the water. Transfer to cooker with corn. Cover with lid.
- Cook on high for 2½ hours. Stir in flour blended with remaining water. Add zucchini. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir in peas. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|