An easy slow cooker dish that pairs sweet leeks with chicken drumsticks
- 50 g butter chopped
- 3 leeks washed, cut into 6cm pieces
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 carrots peeled, cut into 6cm pieces
- ¼ cup plain flour (50 g)
- salt & white pepper to taste
- 18 chicken lovely legs
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- ½ cup marsala (125 mls)
- 2 chicken stock cubes crumbled
- 6 small sweet potatoes
- ½ bunch fresh oregano to garnish
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add leeks and garlic. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker with carrots.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Coat chicken legs, one at a time, in flour mixture. Shake off excess. Reserve remaining flour.
- Heat oil in same pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Add to cooker with remaining flour.
- Add marsala to hot frying pan. Bring to boil. Pour over chicken with stock cubes. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours, or on high for about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, pierce skins of potatoes with a fork. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until soft.
- Garnish casserole with oregano. Serve with sweet potatoes.
Cook: Low 4 hours, High 3 hours.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|