Moroccan flavours of vanilla and cinnamon turn oranges into a party-worthy dessert.
- 6 large oranges
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup orange juice (250 mls)
- 2 tblsps orange liqueur (40 mls)
- ½ cup caster sugar (115 g)
- 1 cinnamon quill
- ½ cup greek yoghurt (125 g)
- 1 tblsp honey
- Peel oranges. Cut away white pith. Discard. Cut oranges into 1cm-thick slices.
- Using a small sharp knife, split vanilla bean in half. Scrape away seeds. Reserve half the seeds. Place bean and remaining seeds in a large saucepan with juice, liqueur, sugar and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Simmer, without stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Remove vanilla bean.
- Transfer syrup to a large bowl. Gently stir in oranges. Cool to room temperature.
- To make honey yoghurt, combine yoghurt, honey and reserved vanilla seeds in a bowl. Mix well.
- Serve oranges in syrup drizzled with honey yoghurt.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.9 g|
|- Sugars||43.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.9 g|