All the fun of sushi without having to make rolls. Perfect for lunchboxes or a simple dinner.
- 2 cups sushi rice (400 g)
- 3.5 cups cold water (875 ml)
- 5 tbsp sushi seasoning
- 250 g spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 5 nori sheets
- 1.5 avocados thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pickled ginger
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above long edges of pan.
- Rinse rice under cold running water until water turns clear. Drain well. Place rice and cold water into a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes. Cover pan. Remove pan from heat and stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl. Gently stir in sushi seasoning with a large metal spoon. Spread rice out onto a large, clean tray. Cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, chives and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Line base of prepared pan with 2 nori sheets, trimming to fit, shiny-side facing downwards. Spread half the rice over the nori, pressing down firmly with the back of a wet spoon. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with avocado then rice, pressing down firmly with the back of a wet spoon.
- Place remaining nori sheets on top of rice, trimming to fit, shiny-side facing upwards. Press down firmly. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- To serve, remove slice from pan. Using a sharp serrated knife dipped in boiling water, cut into 5cm squares. Cut each square diagonally in half to form triangles.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||94.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|