You can never have too many edible gifts or hostess presents (especially at Christmas). These truffles spiked with Irish cream liqueur will bring the smiles.
- 400 g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- ½ cup thickened cream (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- Place half the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl with cream and liqueur. Sit bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Remove bowl from heat. Stir in salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Roll 2 teaspoons of mixture into a smooth ball. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool slightly at room temperature.
- Using two forks, individually dip balls in melted chocolate to coat, allowing excess to drip away. Return to baking paper-lined tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Serve truffles in mini patty cases.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|