Turn your favourite restaurant salad into a convenient lunchtime wrap.
- 200 g packet diced bacon
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (250 g)
- ⅓ cup caesar salad dressing (80 ml)
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan (35 g)
- 4 spinach herb wraps
- 1 baby cos lettuce shredded
- Cook bacon in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Cool.
- Place bacon, chicken, salad dressing and parmesan in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- To assemble, place one wrap on a clean chopping board. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the lettuce. Spoon a quarter of the chicken mixture into the centre of the wrap. Roll up, folding in edges, to enclose. Cut in half. Wrap in baking paper or plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make another three wraps.
You can use tortillas, Lebanese bread or mountain bread as the wraps.
To make this recipe for lunch boxes, prepare the wraps and cut in half, wrapping each half securely in plastic wrap. Pop into an airtight lunchbox and chill until required. Wraps can be made the night before. Prepare the filling and refrigerate, wrapping them fresh before work or school in the morning.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.5 g|
|- Sugars||5.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|