A cobbler packed with berries and apples is a favourite dessert no matter what the time of year.
- 2 pink lady apples
- 500 g box frozen mixed berries
- ⅓ cup caster sugar (70 g)
- 1 tblsp cornflour
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
- 1 carton prepared custard to serve
- 1 cup self-raising flour (160 g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g unsalted butter chopped (cold)
- 2 tblsps brown sugar
- 60 mls milk (you can use up to 80 mls if needed)
- Peel apples and remove cores. Cut apples into 1cm pieces.
- Place apples, frozen berries, sugar, cornflour and rind in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Transfer to a 20cm square ovenproof dish (6-cup capacity).
- To make topping, sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add butter. Rub into flour with your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add sugar and enough milk, stirring, to form a soft dough.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of topping, about 1cm apart, over fruit mixture.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with custard.
Cobblers can be made in individual ovenproof dishes.
Don't over-mix topping, or it will be tough.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||73.5 g|
|- Sugars||48.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|