A store-bought barbecue chicken gets this filling salad on the table in just 20 minutes.
- 350 grams orecchiette pasta
- 1 large barbecued chicken
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped
- 2 green spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped (18 g)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (180 g)
- ¾ cup sour cream (180 g)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1.5 tblsps dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (85 mls)
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Cool.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jug. Whisk well.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken. Discard. Thickly shred meat.
- Peel carrots. Cut into thin matchsticks. Place in a large bowl with pasta, chicken, capsicums, onions, celery and parsley. Toss well.
- Just before serving, pour over dressing. Toss to combine.
Orecchiette is small "ear-shaped" pasta, elbow or bow-tie pasta can be used.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.4 g|
|- Sugars||6.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|