This vegetarian lasagne is perfect for a meat-free Monday.
- cooking oil spray
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tblsp milk
- 500 g fresh ricotta
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 400 g jar arrabbiata pasta sauce
- ½ x 375 g packet fresh lasagne sheets, halved
- 100 g fresh basil pesto
- 50 g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ x 180 g tub bocconcini, sliced
- Spray a medium, deep ovenproof frying pan (26cm in diameter) with oil.
- Combine yolk, milk, ricotta and parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half the pasta sauce over base of prepared pan. Arrange a third of the lasagne sheets over sauce, overlapping and cutting with scissors to fit. Top with half the ricotta mixture then pesto. Scatter with half the spinach. Repeat with another third of the lasagne sheets. Spread over remaining pasta sauce. Top with remaining lasagne sheets and ricotta mixture. Scatter with remaining spinach. Arrange bocconcini over top. Season with pepper.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven (190C) for about 35 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Cover with foil if over-browning. Stand in pan for 10 minutes before serving.
To test if pasta is cooked, insert a small sharp knife into lasagne. If there is no resistance, it's cooked.
Lasagne can be made up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.2 g|
|- Sugars||11.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|