Puff up the volume! Full of meat and vegies, they’re as easy as pie to make.
- 2 tsp Patak's korma curry paste
- 125 g extra-lean beef mince
- ¾ cup chopped mixed frozen vegetables
- 200 g Genius gluten-free pastry mix defrosted
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 75 g (3 cups) mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Put curry paste in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add mince. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until mince is well browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Prepare pastry following pack instructions, rolling out to 5mm thick. Using a 9cm round cutter, cut out 12 rounds, re-rolling when needed.
- Add 1 tbsp of the whisked egg to mince mixture and stir to combine. Spoon 1 tbsp of the filling onto centre of each pastry round. Brush edges with a little egg. Fold pastry over filling and pinch edges together to seal. Put curry puffs on prepared trays. Brush with remaining egg. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve 3 curry puffs per person with salad.
PER SERVE 1078kJ,
protein 10g, total fat
13.9g (sat. fat 5.8g),
carbs 21g, fibre 5g,
• Carb exchanges 11⁄3.
• GI estimate low.
• Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.6 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|