Dessert’s looking very peachy over summer. Catch ’em while you can!
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 80 ml honey
- 1 kg low-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut a small cross in the base of each peach and put in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water, to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain peaches and peel skin. Cut each peach in half and remove and discard stones.
- Put peaches, honey, yoghurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a food processor and process until combined. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large, shallow freezer-proof dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or until frozen.
- Remove peach mixture from freezer and stand for 15 minutes, to soften slightly. Using a fork, break mixture into pieces. Return to food processor and process until smooth. Return mixture to dish and smooth the surface. Refreeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen. (Alternatively, refrigerate the unfrozen mixture for 2 hours, then process in an ice-cream machine).
- Remove mixture from freezer and stand for 15 minutes before serving, to soften slightly. Scoop into chilled bowls and serve.
To get the most out of your icy treats, here’s how to store them in your freezer. - Peach and honey frozen yoghurt: freeze, covered with a lid or a double layer of plastic wrap, for up to 2 months.
PER SERVE 557kJ,
protein 10g, total fat 1.8g
(sat. fat 1g), carbs 19g,
fibre 1.4g, sodium 59mg.
• Carb exchanges 1¼.
• GI estimate low.
• Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.0 g|
|- Sugars||15.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|