These cheeky little rounds are grilled, dolloped and sprinkled in under 10 minutes. Cool!
- 1 mango
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp low-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp chopped unsalted pistachios
- Hold mango upright, and using a sharp knife, cut down through fruit, slightly off centre. Repeat on other side of stone, to create 2 cheeks.
- Put mango cheek on a chopping board, skin-side down. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a diamond pattern into flesh, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Brush mango cheeks with 1 tsp of the honey and sprinkle each with a little cardamom. Add mango cheeks, cut-side down, to chargrill and cook for 2 minutes or until the flesh is slightly charred.
- Use your hand to push up mango cheeks from underneath to expose the cubes. Put 1 cheek on each serving plate. Drizzle with remaining honey. Top each cheek with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with pistachios. Sprinkle with a little more cardamom and serve.
PER SERVE 613kJ,
protein 3g, total fat 4.3g
(sat. fat 1.3g), carbs 23g,
fibre 2g, sodium 18mg.
• Carb exchanges 1½.
• GI estimate low.
• Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.4 g|
|- Sugars||17.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|