Light and low fat with a lovely lemony flavour - now that's one L of a luscious salad!
- 125 g cherry or mini Roma tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 80 g (½ cup) no-added-salt corn kernels
- 25 g (1 cup) baby spinach
- 80 g fresh ricotta
- 60 g sourdough roll or gluten-free roll, to serve
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Preheat a chargrill pan to medium-high. Spray tomato with cooking spray and add to pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tomato begins to soften slightly. Transfer to a plate.
- Put cucumber, corn and spinach in a medium bowl with tomato. Toss to combine.
- To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, oil and sugar in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Transfer salad to a shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle with ricotta. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with the roll.
If you like, replace the cucumber with shredded snow peas and the spinach with mixed salad leaves or rocket. You can use red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar in place of the lemon juice.
PER SERVE 1725kJ, protein 17g, total fat 15.5g (sat. fat 5.6g),
carbs 46g, fibre 7g, sodium 463mg.
Carb exchanges 3.
GI estimate low.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.7 g|