Infused with peppy Asian flavours, your cup will runneth over with yum!
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce or gluten-free sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 200 g lean pork mince
- 210 g (1½ cups) frozen chopped mixed vegetables
- 125 g (1 cup) steamed Sunrice low GI white rice
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaves, halved
- 1 bunch coriander to serve (optional)
- Put lemon juice, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pork and cook for 2 minutes or until browned and almost cooked.
- Add vegetables to wok and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Add rice and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until rice is heated through. Add soy mixture and toss until heated through.
- Divide rice mixture between lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with coriander leaves, if you like. Fold in sides and serve.
You can replace the pork mince with lean chicken or extra-lean beef mince.
PER SERVE 1382kJ, protein 28g, total fat 10.2g (sat. fat 2.6g), carbs 29g, fibre 7g, sodium 298mg.
• Carb exchanges 2.
• GI estimate low.
• Gluten-free option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.9 g|