The name says it all. With double choc and almost zero fat, this pav’s a winner!
- 6 eggwhites (from 50g eggs), at room temperature
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 335 g (1½ cups) caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 x 62 g tubs 97%Fat Free Chocolate Mousse
- 130 g (½ cup) low-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 3 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed
- 250 g punnet strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 100°C (fan-forced). Draw a 22cm circle on a sheet of baking paper. Put paper pencil-side down on an oven tray.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggwhites and cream of tartar, on medium, until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, whisking well (on medium-high) between each addition. Increase speed to high and whisk for 2 minutes or until thick and glossy and sugar is dissolved.
- Sift cocoa over eggwhite mixture. Add vanilla extract. Using a large metal spoon, fold in until combined and mixture is smooth and shiny. Spoon onto circle on baking paper, using a palette knife to cover circle. Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven. Use a wooden spoon to keep the oven door slightly ajar. Leave in oven for 2 hours to cool.
- Whisk mousse in a bowl until smooth. Add yoghurt and whisk until well combined. Spread over meringue. Top with strawberries and passionfruit. Cut into slices and serve.
PER SERVE 618kJ,
protein 3.4g, total fat
0.7g (sat. fat 0.4g),
carbs 32g, fibre 1.3g, sodium 47mg.
Carb exchanges 2.
GI estimate medium.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.9 g|
|- Sugars||31.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|