Make it a platter of tropical splendour all topped off with zesty mayo!
- 4 orange slices
- ¼ cup fresh herbs
- 6 peppercorns
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 50 g (2 cups) mixed salad leaves
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, thinly sliced or 400g drained sliced mangoes in juice
- 2 x 120 g avocados, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons, using a vegetable peeler
- ½ red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 L (4 cups) water
Orange and dill dressing
- 4 Tbsp 97% fat-free mayonnaise or gluten-free mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Put water, orange slices, herbs and peppercorns in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add chicken (water should just cover chicken) and cook, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice chicken diagonally and set aside.
- Put salad leaves, mango, avocado, cucumber and onion in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
- To make orange and dill dressing, put mayonnaise, orange juice, zest and dill in a small bowl. Season with pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and dressing to salad. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
PER SERVE 1406kJ, protein 31g, total fat 13.6g (sat. fat 3.1g), carbs 20g, fibre 5g, sodium 222mg.
Carb exchanges 11⁄3. GI estimate low. Gluten-free option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.4 g|
|- Sugars||19.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|