Recharge the batteries with an espresso with a hint of liqueur poured over your ice-cream, plus biscotti for dunking. Yes please!
- 300 ml double cream
- 175 g sweetened condensed milk
- 60 ml Frangelico or hazelnut liqueur
- 2 cup self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup pistachios
- 40 g toasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 180 g glacé apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup espresso coffee, freshly brewed
- Put cream, condensed milk and liqueur in a small bowl and beat, using an electric hand mixer, until a soft creamy mixture forms. Spoon mixture into a 20 x 10 x 7cm deep loaf tin. Cover tin with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 1 large oven tray with baking paper. Combine flour, pistachios, hazelnut and apricot in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and maple syrup in a small jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 portions. Form each portion into a 4cm-wide log. Transfer logs to prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Reduce oven temperature to 140°C. Using a small serrated knife, thinly slice logs. Return slices to prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes. Turn, then bake for a further 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, put 1 scoop of ice-cream in each of 8 small glasses. Top with coffee and serve with biscotti on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.2 g|
|- Sugars||33.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|