Ahh, a soothing cup of brownie! Cooked in their serving ‘bowls’, they’re a fun dessert idea for dinner parties or just a midnight snack.
- 1 tbsp melted butter, to grease
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate bits
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 tub vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Grease four 1-cup capacity heatproof mugs with melted butter. Sift flour, cocoa and cinnamon into a large bowl, then stir in sugar. Stir in butter and milk, beating until smooth, then spoon into prepared mugs. Scatter chocolate bits on top and press lightly into batter.
- Cover each mug with plastic wrap and microwave, 1 at a time, on medium-high/70% for 90 seconds or until no liquid is present on top. Set aside for 1 minute, then dust with cinnamon sugar and serve with vanilla ice-cream.
If you just want to make a single serve brownie, check out our video above for the correct quantities.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||42.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||117.7 g|
|- Sugars||85.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.7 g|