This no-bake cake is dairy-free, with cashews and coconut cream making the filling on a nut, date and chia seed base (which can help you feel full for longer).
- 450 g (3 cups) raw cashews
- 200 g (1 ½ cups) macadamia nuts
- 12 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds
- 270 ml can coconut cream
- ⅓ cup extra virgin coconut oil plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 sliced lemon, for garnish
- 1 sliced lime, to garnish
- Put cashews in a large bowl. Cover with water and set aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, grease a 22cm round springform tin with coconut oil, then line base and side with baking paper. Put macadamias, dates and chia seeds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Using your hands, press into the base of prepared tin, then freeze while preparing filling.
- Drain cashews and transfer to the large bowl of a food processor with coconut cream, extra coconut oil, syrup, zest and juice. Process for 5 minutes or until a smooth paste forms. Pour over base and smooth surface. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight until set firmly.
- Remove cake from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Remove from tin and top with lemon and lime slices to serve.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.1 g|
|- Sugars||22.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|